Very few of us, if any, are paid professional runners. We run for a myriad of wonderful reasons, but, it’s quite unlikely we are being compensated for our efforts! As such, it’s smart to have a little levity and perspective with this sport we love so much. Of course, it’s great to have discipline, be serious at times, and improve. But it’s also a good idea to just enjoy running, have some fun, and keep it light, right?! With that in mind, here’s 40 funny running quotes to help you keep some light-hearted pep in your step.
Humorous Running Sayings – Our Weird Logic
We have a strange way of rationalizing our need to run (or keep running!). Some funny running captions that will help you realize you’re not alone!
- It’s my soul that keeps me running. My body told me to quit a couple miles ago.
- Runcrastination. Having a long list of things to do. But going for a run instead.
- Running is great because you forget all of your problems because you’re too busy focusing on one problem… that your whole body hurts.
- I run because somehow completely exhausting myself is the most relaxing part of my day.
- Let’s wake up super early and go run really far.
- Runner’s logic: I’m tired. I think I’ll go for a run.
- Running late is my cardio.
> Related Topic: 26 Motivational Running Quotes to Inspire Your Best! <
Funny Running Quotes – Socially Speaking
Whether you like to running solo, or with a pack, here’s a few quotes to tickle your funny bone.
- No one supports your running more than a social media friend you’ve never met.
- Your pace, or mine?
- I’m sorry if I don’t wave or smile back at you while running. I’m trying very hard not to die.
- I like my morning run more than I like most people.
Food Inspired Running Humor
I love to run because I also love to eat. I’m sure I’m not the only one! Alas, some food related funny running captions:
- I run because I love my body. And carbs. I love carbs.
- A good run is like a cup of coffee. I’m much nicer after I’ve had one.
- Run? I thought they said rum!
- “Every pizza is a personal pizza if you’re marathon training.” – Runner’s World
- This seems like a lot of work for a free banana.
- If I keep running, I’ve got to come across a taco stand eventually.
Funny Marathon/Race Quotes
Racing, and especially marathons can bring out the best, and worst in us. During the race, we agonize. After the race or marathon, we gloat – and have selective amnesia about how bad we felt during the race. I guess that’s a blessing in disguise, as we’d likely never sign up for another race.
Regardless, here’s some hysterically funny race or marathon quotes:
- How do you know if someone ran a marathon? Don’t worry, they’ll tell you. Jimmy Fallon
- The most difficult thing about a marathon? Working into every conversation for the next year.
- Race sign: You thought this seemed like a good idea four months ago.
- “If you start to feel good during an ultra, don’t worry, you will get over it.” – Gene Thibeault
- Any idiot can run, it takes as special kind of idiot to run a marathon.
- Race sign: You are *NOT* almost there!
- If found on the ground, please drag over the finish line.
- If you see me running around the neighborhood with a race bib pinned on my shirt… mind your own business.
- Never mess with a woman who runs 13.1 miles for fun.
- If you can read this I’m not last.
Funny Running Quotes – We are a Competitive Bunch
We sometimes don’t like to admit that we’re competing with runners along our route, race or no race. These running captions are not only funny; you’ll now know you’re not alone.
- If you’re on the treadmill next to me, the answer is yes, we are racing.
- Remember: It’s rude to count people as you pass them. Out loud.
- Whenever I see someone running faster than me, it’s safe to assume they are not going as far.
- Some people don’t have the guts for distance racing. The polite term for them is sprinters.
- Someone busier than you is running right now.
- Our sport is your sport’s punishment.
- Run like someone just called you a jogger.
Keep Our Sanity, and Levity
Not only does running help us physically, it keeps our sanity in check, too. We’re less cranky, stressed – an easier person to be around. Some of these funny jogging quotes affirm just that.
- I wouldn’t say that running solves problems, but it prevents me from causing them.
- Just let me run. And no one gets hurt.
- I run because punching people is frowned upon.
- It’s fine. I ran today.
- You think I’m crazy because I run? Trust me. You’d see crazy if I didn’t run.
- “You’re fine, you’re fine, you’re doing fine, this is fine.” —Courtney Dauwalter, champion ultrarunner
Please respond with any funny running quotes, jokes or thoughts that make you laugh, and keep you inspired.